It’s National Picnic Week! So why not step out of your weekday routine and pop out for a picnic after work. Enjoy the fresh air and some time away from the TV or your handheld devices.
Here are our top tips for the perfect picnic:
- Find the ideal spot – perhaps Vivary Park in Taunton, Burrow Mump at Burrow Bridge, Cothelstone Hill or Ramscombe in Over Stowey
- Pack the comfy blankets or some easy to fold chairs
- Tasty treats – finger food is the perfect choice for a picnic. You could visit our deli counter for some great picnic items such as quiche, pork pies, sausage rolls, scotch eggs, olives, cheese, pâté and charcuterie. What about British strawberries and raspberries with cream for afters?
- Don’t forget something to quench your thirst – we stock a tasty range of non-alcoholic drinks from Luscombe such as Wild Elderflower Bubbly or Sicilian Lemonade
- Keep everything cool – pop the food and drinks in to a cool bag. This will keep everything fresh and remember to pack it properly or you could end up with squished strawberries
- Remember some games for the children to keep them entertained – perhaps a traditional game of rounders or perhaps frisbee or even boules
- Last but not least – don’t forget the all-important bin bag – make sure you take all your rubbish home with you, don’t leave any litter that could potentially harm the environment or wildlife.
We would love to see pictures of your picnics so why not Tweet or Facebook us your snaps! Enjoy.